Thursday, September 16, 2010

Twin Anchors

CHICAGO: Twin Anchors Restaurant
1655 North Sedgwick Street

Chicago, IL 60614

312-266-1616

Open M-Thur 5-11, F 5-12am, Sat 12-12, Sun 12-10:30

www.twinanchorsribs.com


A popular hangout for Old Blue Eyes, and a filming location for the Dark Knight, this old bar has weathered gracefully. They've been coming here for ribs since 1932, so I figured I might as well do the same.



You can enjoy the ribs here by the half or full rack, but what better way to enjoy some great baby backs than with 12 bones of meat? When the platter arrived, the rack seemed to be smiling at me. I dug right in to the left end where it was immediately obvious that I had made the right choice with the 'zesty' sauce. Who knows what's in it, but it complemented the tender moist ribs perfectly. These aren't smoked ribs, but the carried a heavy dose of charred flavor from the charcoal grill, and the sauce was applied late in the process as not to burn. Sure, I'm a BBQ purist, but on this day I let myself enjoy a solid rack of grilled an sauced ribs, and I enjoyed them more and more with every clean bone that landed on the plate.

- BBQ Snob (most of the time)

Twin Anchors on Urbanspoon

No comments:

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT