Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm Not Going Away, But...


For the better part of the last three years, this blog has averaged 15-20 posts per month and provided almost 450 original BBQ joint reviews. This is quite a pace for a hobby that costs more than it earns, but it has been one of the most rewarding learning opportunities of my life. It's not quite to the level of learning how to keep tiny helpless humans alive from birth, but somewhere above perfecting that new macro in Excel at my day job. The inevitable moment has arrived where I must scale back a bit to focus on a big BBQ project that lies ahead. I'm going to attempt to produce a large number of written pages that others may find an interest in reading. This doesn't mean that new BBQ reviews won't be coming into your life, they'll just be a little less frequent. I expect to be able to keep putting out two per week given my current backlog and my insatiable appetite for barbecue discovery.

I hope y'all will be patient with me while I work my way through this process, and maybe this book may even be good enough for you to want to read. Wish me luck on my new adventures around this great state.

- BBQ Snob

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no (about scaling back)...but whoo hooo on your next project...

ribking1 said...

Life goes on,you must do what ya love! Write!

Kevin Dean said...

Daniel, I have enjoyed your blog very much and will be the first in line to buy it if you publish a book. Thank you so much for sharing your hobby/obsession with us.

michael said...

hobbies aren't *supposed* to cost more than they earn, that's what makes 'em hobbies, if they earned more than they cost, they'd be a *business*... *grins* not to say, of course, that all businesses make more than they cost, but, you get the drift.

good luck with the book!

Anonymous said...

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! Good luck on the project and I'll still be checking in here!

BBQ Snob said...

Michael - You're right. I should have said "a hobby that has turned into a job"

smokinronniesbbq said...

Your a great writer mr V. Your passion for texas bbq will stand out on every page. TEXAS BABY!!!

George said...

Best of luck! I'll probably still check your blog first thing every morning. It has become second nature!

Doug Zedler said...

You deserve to cut back. I've often wondered how you can eat so much BBQ so often! I will definitely buy a copy of whatever you write and will give them as gifts.

Ed Tom Kowalsky said...

Can you leak some of the details of your book? I'm curious!

TheBrad said...

I hear ya, brotha!

José Ralat-Maldonado said...

Congrats, Daniel!

Twinwillow said...

Hey, you would of had to eat anyway. Right?

DISCLAIMER:

Each joint is judged on the essence of Texas 'cue...sliced brisket and pork ribs. Sausage is only considered if house made. Sauce is good, but good meat needs no adornment to satisfy. Each review can only be based on specific cuts of meat on that particular day. Finally, if the place fries up catfish or serves a caesar salad, then chances are they aren't paying enough attention to the pits, so we mostly steered clear.

-THE PROPHETS OF SMOKED MEAT